1752805 Members
5437 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Sysprep problem

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Sysprep problem

I'm trying to create an all-encompassing Sysprep image to use on all of our Compaq servers. I'm using the Sysprep Update (v1.1), and so far the image works flawlessly on most of our servers... DL380, DL380G2, DL580, 6400R. These use the Integrated Smart Array controller, Smart Array-2 controller, Smart Array 5i controller, and Smart Array 5300 controller (not respectively).

I am having an issue with the image not working on an 1850R (Smart Array 3200 controller) and a 1600 (Smart-2SL). After dropping the image on (using Drive Image Pro v5), the system locks up at the end of the status bar "Starting Windows". Attempting to boot to safe mode, the last driver on the screen is MUP.SYS. I have all the drivers for the SCSI controllers on the image, and I'm confident that my SYSPREP.INF file is correct, as it works for other servers/controllers.

What other issues should I be looking at?

Randy Barger
MCT, MCSE, CCNA, CCA, CNA
ConsultIT - Information Technology Consulting
Windows 2000 Migration | Novell | Citrix | Software Sales
http://ConsultIT.bizhosting.com/
5 REPLIES 5
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Sysprep problem

Good Day Randy,
How about the firmware version of Smart Array controllers?? System BIOS version and the System Config Utility??? If these are not uptodate then you might run into some configuration issues. Please contact our Software Support line for further assistance.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We updated the rompaq for both the system and the controller. No go.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

How about ACPI? Is that different on these servers?
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hi Randy,
Yes ACPI is different on the new servers. Also if you have 1GB or more RAM please reduce it. After installation you can jack it back up.
Regards
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The ACPI is almost definitely the problem then, as they require different HALs. Would it be possible to get a list of which servers use which ACPI? BTW, thanks for your assistance with this.