1753798 Members
7775 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Configuration Utility

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

System Configuration Utility

I have an old Compaq Prosignia 500 Server, it hasnt been used for quite a long time now... How do i run the System Configuration Utility... I dont have the manual anymore... i need to setup the time and date, system options are not set...

thanks..
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The ideal method would be to boot from a smart start CD. But, it sounds like you dont have one of those laying around. So, you should go the support pages (http://www.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/locate/7_1139.html) and get some utilites there. You will want the System Configuration Utilityand the System ROM.

Make sure the ROM is the most recent, then use the 4 system config disks to setup your system.

Among other things, you will use these tools to create a System Partition for files and setup utilities to live on. Then, when you need to monkey with the system, you can press the F10 key during the bootup process (when the cursor moves to the top,right corner of the screen ) and you will boot into the utility partition.

Then you can run the system config utility to add or remove boards, memory, etc.

You will also setup the date and time from the system configuration tools.

That should take care of you (at least for now).

Todd Hayward MCSE, Compaq ASE
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

See the Prosignia 300/500 user reference guide below. You will need to download the file first. Make sure to save the file with a PDF extension. You will need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the manual.
Bo Vestman
Advisor

how do i make this... create a System Partition for files and setup utilities to live on. Then, when you need to monkey with the system, you can press the F10 key during the bootup process.

when I try the comp says ther is not anough plase on the fixed disk.