1752778 Members
5995 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Continously Reboots

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

System Continously Reboots

I have several machines including DL360S, DL380S, & DL580S that have gone into "endless reboot" mode. Previously, the only way I have found to fix this problem is to completely blow the OS & Array configuration array & start from scratch. However, now I have important data on some of the machines that I can't loose & would prefer not to start over from scratch yet again. I realize that I could swap the drives out into another machine, but that would defeat the purpose of solving this problem. There has been no pattern as to when a machine will start this. It has happened after everything from adding more memory to entering ip info & having to reboot. I have search the entire compaq website for info & the only this I was able to find (doing a search for constant reboot) was on a training page with information that was needed to pass a test. It listed constant reboot under CPU problems. Any help or suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Lindsay Brunetto
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

You could try and disable the Automatic Server Recovery. Hit f10 when booting up then hit ctrl a this will enable the advanced options. Scroll down to you see Asr
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi,

we had the same Problem once with two of our first DL360 plus CPU Upgrade.
We found out that the Heatsink wasn't installed correctly.

We experienced reboots every 5 -7 minutes.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

My DL360 crashes and reboots after _exactly_ 5 hrs of uptime, every time.

I've tried deaktivating ASR, removing the ILO card, replaced the ram / cpu / disks, upgraded the system rom to P21 (08/03/2001) and upgraded the Smart array firmware to 1.50.

Does anyone here know what's up with this machine?

Specs: Dual 866 / 512+128 ram, 36+Gb disk, Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 and/or 3.0, RIS,
Kernels 2.2.17 though to 2.2.20 + 2.4.18.