ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Erase via diskette reports that the system has been intentionally locked up.

Darren Page_2
Occasional Contributor

System Erase via diskette reports that the system has been intentionally locked up.

The server is a Proliant DL380 G1, 733MHz processor, 1.7GB memory, 4x36.4GB HDD, integrated smart array controller.

I originally had problems when performing a manual smartstart installation where it kept getting stuck on the installation and I would do a system erase from the smartstart CD. This happened quite a few times and then the next time I tried performing an installation the server would not boot from the CD. After numerous attempts, it still will not boot from the CD.
I perfromed a system erase with a system erase diskette and that reports the following:
Your system has been intentionally locked up. Power cycling is necessary for all of the system changes to take effect. Please remove the diskette, insert the Smart CD, and cycle the system's power.
Also, the ASPI driver did not load.

The server still will not boot from the SmartStart CD or any other CD.

Can anybody help please?
1 REPLY
Darren Page_2
Occasional Contributor

Re: System Erase via diskette reports that the system has been intentionally locked up.

The replacement CD-ROM drive was also faulty.