SOLVED
Go to solution
Neil Burgess
Occasional Advisor

Re: System Hand on driver install &HP NC373I virtual bus device

Thanks all
Johnny Mango

I have the same problem as the original poster, with Windows 2003 R2 64 bits, EE.

The curious thing is I installed 6 servers, and only 5 have problems (only!!?)

I started with the Smart Start, and it all went well until I started the system and that error appeared. The link to the multifunciontion driver no longer works, but I searched and installed the latest version: HP NC-Series Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions 4.1.5.0
25 feb 2008
The network utility also yields the same result.
Any driver from HP that I try to install returns a fatal error, and restarting the computer again produces the NC373i error. Any help available?
Lloyd Duffield
Occasional Advisor

Hi Am having the same issue every time i try and install the NIC driver NC-Series it fails and tell me to check th install log, can some tell me where the install log is and why it is doing this on all 3 versions of psp 7.0, 7.91 and 8

We have quite a few of these machines doing this

Proliant DL385 G2 (amd)
Johnny Mango

Hi,

I solved my problem but not disconnecting my keyboard and mouse during the installation!!! I suspect the problem occurs during the "Copying Files" phas of the installation and can├В┬┤t copy something if I disconnect the input devices.

Probably noone is as daft as I am, but perhaps it may help someone.

I am, however, seeing the system device has failed message when the NIC kicks into action after logging on, dunno what that is all about. I believe there is a way for the system to wait for the NIC to activate before you log on, reducing the probability of these errors. Any advice would be great.