cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Management Homepage 6.3 Installation and Configuration Guide

epretorious
Regular Advisor

System Management Homepage 6.3 Installation and Configuration Guide

I'm just skimming over System Management Homepage 6.3 Installation and Configuration Guide and already I'm finding errors. e.g., In two different locations, the Guide refers to the configuration script hpSMHSetup.pl in the /opt/hp/hpsmh/smhconfig directory:

Installation information

For Linux operating systems
HP SMH is installed by an RPM package without asking you to configure any settings. After the
installation is complete, run the script /opt/hp/hpsmh/sbin/smhconfig on a ProLiant system or
/opt/hp/hpsmh/smhconfig/hpSMHSetup.pl on Itanium-based operating systems to set the
security options used by all HP Web-based Agents on the system. Otherwise, these settings use default
values.

...but there is no smhconfig subdirectory in the /opt/hp/hpsmh directory. Checking the packing list for the RPM, the hpSMHSetup.pl script is located in the /usr/local/hp directory...

[root@h1 hpsmh]# rpm -q hpsmh
hpsmh-6.3.0-22

[root@h1 hpsmh]# rpm -ql hpsmh | grep \/usr\/local /usr/local/hp/hpSMHSetup /usr/local/hp/hpSMHSetup.pl /usr/local/hp/hpSMHSetup/L10N /usr/local/hp/hpSMHSetup/L10N.pm /usr/local/hp/hpSMHSetup/L10N/en.pm /usr/local/hp/hpbacl.sh /usr/local/hp/hpfdtn.sh /usr/local/hp/hpwebsetup /usr/local/hp/namazu-2.0.19.tar.gz /usr/local/hp/shmchk

...but, interestingly, there are no references to the /usr/loca/hp directory anywhere in the Guide (except in the section "Uninstalling manually for Windows and Linux operating systems").

What other editorial errors can I expect to find in the Guide? Where can I report the errors that I find on my own?

Eric Pretorious