Re: System Management Homepage Doesn't see Emulex HBA

sinnfein
Occasional Contributor

System Management Homepage Doesn't see Emulex HBA

Hello

BL 25pG2
Server 2003 R2, std
PSP 8.0

This is a newly imaged server with PSP8.0. I installed the emulex HBA after words, but SM Homepage does not recoginize it is present. Windows device manager sees the correct dual port card and drivers are ok.

Anyone know why the homepage and ACU do not see it?
7 REPLIES 7
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

As far as SMH, if the HBA was added after installation, you need to visit the Control Panel applet for the HP Management Agents and move "Fibre Information" sub-agent from inactive to active.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

that is what David is talking about :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=397638&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397638&objectID=c01229672

Do you have the HBA firmware updated? Actually the ACU should recognize the HBA. Did you tried to boot from Smartstart and open ACU drom there(SS will load the drivers)?
You can try to restart the Agents...

PAC
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Pac:

No, that is not what I am talking about. The document you posted refers specifically to fibre-attached tape and was specific to PSP 7.7. This is PSP 8.
sinnfein
Occasional Contributor

Well to be fair to Pac, the article does say 7.0 or later, but either way it isn't the same issue. Under control panel and mgt agents, the only thing that is not enabled is clustering information. All of the others are enabled already.
Niels Verhulst

We have encountered this issue with installing PSP800a on x64 Win2003 SP2 R2 systems. The problem seems to be caused by the installation (PSP800a default) of the WBEM service providers package (v2.1.0.0). Uninstall it, restart the SMH and your HBA's should be visible again on the External Storage page in SMH.

There is an update version of the WBEM service providers available (v2.1.1.0), but we haven't tested it yet.
sinnfein
Occasional Contributor

I uninstalled the provider, and hwo SMH does not show any hardware. I cannot find that updated version on the HP site. Where did you get it?
Giri Shankar

Try switching the monitoring source from WBEM to SNMP.