1753404 Members
7016 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Management Homepage IP Address

Tom Parker_1
Advisor

System Management Homepage IP Address

There seems to be a HUGE bug in System Management Homepage for Win2k/2k3 on multihomed servers on version 2.1.0.121. The System Management Homepage chooses the wrong (not the primary) IP address to listen on. Downgrading to the prior version seems to fix this for me.

HP, cany comments on this? Please fix this.
7 REPLIES 7
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Tom:

Is your primmary NIC in the top of the list for bind order?

Check in Network Connections, Advanced, Advanced Settings... Adjust if necessary.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Tom Parker_1
Advisor

Steven,

There is only one NIC and everything is setup correctly. On a webserver it is common to bind several IP addresses to one NIC.

This only happens with version 2.1.0.121. This was happening on SEVERAL servers until I figured out enough to downgrade. I even called HP and they said it must be something I was doing wrong. Well it isn't. There is a bug in the software and hopefully they will fix it in the next release.

Tom
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The 7.3 PSP (which is current) allows you to specify the IP to bind to. Did this not work for you?
Tom Parker_1
Advisor

Doesn't work. Version 2.1.0.121 is after the PSP 7.30. No matter what I try, the web server just chooses to bind to what it wants to which is not the correct IP address.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Thats what I get for reading every other word. Sorry for the confusion. (didn't see the "multihomed")

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Tom, please be aware that these forums are not part of an official notification process. Unless you report the problem to technical services, your "hope" that it will be fixed in the next release will go un-rewarded...
Tom Parker_1
Advisor

This was posted partially to let people who are encountering the same thing know. What is the official channel for bug reporting on something like this.