1753844 Members
7352 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System Management Homepage not showing information

David Graham_8
Advisor

System Management Homepage not showing information

I have several Dl380G3 and ML350G3 servers with Win2003 SP1 with 7.2a Management pack.

The System management home page on some of them, not all of them is showing an unknown model and the main part of the page where is should list all the components is just showing only a Overall Sytstem Status with "No Failed/Degraded Items" in a blue box.

We have reinstalled, removed, etc anyone else have this issue
3 REPLIES 3
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor

Re: System Management Homepage not showing information

Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

I've run into a few things which will cause this.

1. Under the security tab for the snmp service, do you have "accept snmp packets from these hosts"? If so, then add the loopback address for the server. Also make sure the loopback address is listed as a trap destination on the traps tab (most common with SP1).

2. Does your snmp community string have read/create or read/write privaledges (security tab). If not, then add this.

3. There can be an issue with the "HP version control agent" timing out. Stop this service, restart the system management homepage service and login into it again.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
TOPTEN

Restart the HP SIM services and make sure you are having the right configuration on SNMP service.

Another good hint, you might have to consider identifying the system then doing sw status polling.