108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Managment Home Page Login

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Coates_1
Advisor

System Managment Home Page Login

I just recently upgraded the PSP on all my servers. I am now noticing that if I connect to the System Management Home Page through SIM it connects me directly. However if I log in to the server and then try to connect to the System Management Home Page I am queried for a username and password each time. My username and password let me in, but it is annoying. What do I need to reconfigure so it does not ask for the username and password when I am local on the server?
Thanks
ccoates@gfs.com
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Chris:

I am not sure where the options is, but you need to allow Local Administrar access.

When you download a PSP, some of the components are NOT "configured". If you run the setup file, it tells you this and then allows you to go in and configure your Management Agent Settings. In those settings, there is an option to allow Local admin access which effectively removes the need to "log in".

Your SIM server is probably configured as on of the "trusted" servers so if you are logged into SIM, the authentication is already complete and passes off to the system you are checking.

Now, after the PSP is in stalled, I can not tell you exactly where the options are set and I do not have a box in front of me to "look around", but this should help you out at least somewhat.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Forgot I had remote access to a proliant box...

Settings --> Options --> Check the Local Access box and the Administrator (or Anonymous) bullet for the desired level of security.

Save Configuration. Close browser and try.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)