1751974 Members
5520 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: System Power Fault Detected

Sirous
Occasional Contributor

System Power Fault Detected

Hello, The server is off and when I try to turn it on the Insight Display LED's flashing Red and nothing happens. I have the ILO access and in the IML there is a critical error with the following detail: System Power Fault Detected (XR: 10 20 MID: FF 0D FC 06 FF FF 2F 2F 0C 0C 40 3F 20 00 03 01 82 00 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00) is there anyone here to know what does that meaning? and how can I decode this error to understand what is the problem? I updated the ILO firmware to the latest version. I also have tried to update the BIOS but it seems that the server must boot to load the latest BIOS version. Best regards
10 REPLIES 10
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

What is the server model ?

It appears to be SAS backplane causing this issue,

Try to disconnect the Drive backplane and check the status, server should power on., 

If its isolated you can replace it or contact HPE support if server is under warranty/contract.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

Sirous
Occasional Contributor

Dear Sudhir, Thank you for your reply.

The server is HP DL360p G8, I try to turn on the server with the minimal requirements it means the backplane was discounted.

the problem still exist. 

could you please tell me what is the meaning of the code :

XR: 10 20 MID: FF 0D FC 06 FF FF 2F 2F 0C 0C 40 3F 20 00 03 01 82 00 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

thanks

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi Sirous,

I would still suggest to remove HDD backplane then power on the server and check (if not sure whether checked before),

additional action:

Clear NVRAM/ CMOS settings and check:

• Remove all power supplies from the server,
  • Locate the System Maintenance Switch on the motherboard - It's a set of 10 DIP switches.
  • Turn switch #6 switch on. (S6)
  • Insert all power supply units.
  • Power on the server and allow it to idle for 3 minutes.
  • Power the server off.
  • Remove all power supplies.
  • Return DIP switch #6 to off (original) position.
  • Reinsert the power supplies.
  • Power the server on.

Hope this help!

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Did that resolved your server issue ?

Please write back for any further assistance.

regards,

Sudhir

>Accept or Kudo

Sirous
Occasional Contributor

Dear Sudhir,

Let me explain more, I bought around 1000pcs of that model without CPU and memory (CTO chassis server) and we are installing the parts separately and until now around 10pcs of them it seems to have this issue.

I figure out that one of the servers that have this problem can operate with a single CPU.

when I put the second processor the server doesn't power on and the Insight Display LED's flashing Red. I am sure the problem does not belong to the CPUs because these CPUs work perfectly on another chassis.

I also cleaned the socket of the second processor.

Best regards

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hello Sirous,

Ensure that you have total 8 fans are installed, if issue persist

try to remove the second PCI riser board assembly and check the status,

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Sudhir

>Accept or Kudo

Sirous
Occasional Contributor

Dear Sudhir,

Thank you for taking the time to reply, But the problem still exists.

I have done all the solutions you have provided before submitting the topic here. the main reason I post problem was to figure out which server part is damaged so could you please decode the error code for me? and tell me which server part is the reason for this error? 

System Power Fault Detected (XR: 20 00 MID: FF 0D FC 00 FF FF 2A 2A 0C 0C 40 3F 00 01 03 01 82 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00)

Best regards

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

I believe it require deeper diagnosis,

Kindly raise a case with HPE support.

Regards,

Sudhir

>Accept or Kudo

rsouzamattos
Frequent Visitor

I have a bl460c gen 8 and I have the following error Fault Detected (XR: 10 A2 MID: FF CD FC D5 01 13 13 AA 20 00 00 EE 01 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00) Does anyone have any suggestions?