5770 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System cooler on ML350 rotates too fast

Boris Demin
Advisor

System cooler on ML350 rotates too fast

Hello,
On my Proliant ML350G3 system cooler (a big one on the back of the server case) rotates too fast and loud. This is seen by extra air flow from the back and loud noise. I have 4 other identical servers in which coolers work normally. Why that can happen? And can it cause any problem for the server operations due to overcooling?
5 REPLIES 5
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Hi,
The fan speed is managed by the system management driver. Run the latest ProLiant support pack to see if the issue is resolved. It is also possible that the server is experiencing thermal abnormalities.
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Boris Demin
Advisor

Thank you. And could you advise me where to download the pack from?
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Hi Boris,

Could I suggest that the first thing you try is to upgrade your system BIOS to the latest version. You can download the system BIOS at the following link:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/20976.html

Then as Vijay pointed out, upgrade the Proliant Support pack which would upgrade your system management health driver to the latest version.

Hope this helps and could you please assign points to the replies.

Regards,
Boris Demin
Advisor

Thank you for your advice. I have done all the steps you had suggested (new bios from Rompaq FD and new Support Pack for W2k) but the problem is still where it was. I have checked the wires on the cooler to make sure that everything is OK, and yes it is. I don't know what to think, because i took another cooler from another ML350 and it rotates on that crazy speed, too. This server has new system board installed a few weeks later, and the situation with system cooler before replacement of the board was just the same as it is now.