cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System freeze

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

System freeze

I have a Prolinat 6000R with 4/400MHz processors, 1GB RAM, 6 - 9.1 GB 10,000 RPM drive configured for Raid 5 with a hot spare via a Smart Array 3200. The system tests fine in diagnostics, but in windows it usually freezes ( apps first then the mouse last) anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes after starting it. ANy ideas? I have not loaded anything other that IE6, Compaq support pack for W2k, and Service pack 2 for W2K (in that order). It would freeze at anypoint during the previous installs. I have tried swapping out memory and hard drives. I have reloaded this machine at least 10 times. I have checked the APIC mode. Anyone have any ideas?
2 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: System freeze

Hi, Does it lockup in the system configuration as well. If it does it more likely an hardware problem. You strip down memory and test memory and run the prompted diag on different components. Any non Compaq hardware. How about firware on the system as well a the array. How about the SCU upgrade. Hope this will help.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: System freeze

Hey there,

Just a quick question - Is this machine using CPQ Teaming? and if so in what mode? I currently have a customer experiencing similar issues and have narrowed it down to the teaming pair. If you remove one of the Ethernet cables from the pair it works fine, put it back and lo 10-30 min system hangs. I have suggested changing from Smart Switching to Fail on fault and still waiting on feedback. Suggest you do the same.

Russel