1752781 Members
6042 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: System has been Intentionally Locked

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

System has been Intentionally Locked

Hi I'm trying to erase my system configuration in 2 ways 1. By using earse utility in the disk ver 1.63. 2. by running smartstart(SS) CD. If I use SS cd then I get a error message An unrecoverable Error occured while running SS. Error Code : 24 The system erase utility must be run to prepare the system to run SS againg. Press any key to start earse utility. And once I erase it at the last I get the messages as Your system has been intentionally locked up. Power cyling if necessary for all of the system changes to take effect. If any one is having info on this problem or come accross this problem plz update me. TNX for everyone plz help me. Bala --> compaqbala@hotmail.com
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: System has been Intentionally Locked

Assuming there are multiple hard drives installed, try swapping the drives around before running the System Erasure Utility. The erasure utility normally runs better after prearranging the hard drives. If you still have problems with the Smart Start CD, try down loading the Erasure Utility file from COMPAQ's Web site (SP14249.exe), and run the utility by cold booting the server from the floppy.