ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753816 Members
8416 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System partion utilities not available

Patrick Heijne

System partion utilities not available

After I install W2K server (with the proper SCSI array controller drivers) the system won't startup and I receive the following message after pressing PF10:
"The system partion utilities are not available on this system".
Also smartstart version 6.10 keeps on rebooting, without doing something.
I have a proliant 1500R (oldie) server with a smart SCSI array controller 2.26 and I am using RAID 5.
Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

The 1500R is not supported by SmartStart 6x... If you have a 5.5 CD, use that instead.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Nico Staels

That's right, in general all servers without RBSU (Rom Based Setup) need Smartstart <= 5.50. The newer ones with RBSU need at least Smartstart 6.00.
Patrick Heijne

Thanks for you quick reply.
I also got Smartstart 3.0, but I couldn't get it working with that version.
Must I have a newer smartstart version for W2000 server or, is there something I overlook?
Noc_1

I'm experiencing a similar problem with a dl360.
I have used Smart Start 5.5 to install win2k, and since then I was never bale to use system partition utility, nor to re-install (it simply doesn't boot with cdrom!).

I have tried with SS 4.7, 4.8, 5.1, 5.5 and with to different dl360.

TIA
John Grove_1
Occasional Advisor

What model of DL360 a first generation or a G2/G3?

The G2 and above use the RBSU so you do not need the system partition, and smart start will not install it.

John
Muthukumar_2
Occasional Advisor

when you press F10, you may get Sys Partition utilities are not available. I am also getting the same in my DL360. but, I could not resolve that issue. Work arround: you can boot from the Smart CD. go to System utilities. it will be able to pick up your system utilities. whatever you want to change, you can change there. this does not mean that it will fix the problem. it means that you can use this workarround to open sys utilities to modify something like RIB, network interface etc.

I feel like erasing the whole will make your system utility properly next time you setup. Remember, when you erase, it is going to erase everything. you loose the whole setup of OS and whatever in it. you need to start from the scratch after that

thanks
-Muthukumar
Hard Diks problem in Presario 5004US