9684 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

TFT 5000 monitor issue - could not find a better forum

Paul Young_3
Frequent Advisor

TFT 5000 monitor issue - could not find a better forum

Hi all,

I have a rack mounted TFT 5000 LCD monitor that will not power up. I know the power supply is working etc.

The monitor switch is constantly blinking (quite rapidly) amber but will not power up or go green etc.

Any advice?
why?
3 REPLIES 3
jim serafin
Occasional Advisor

Re: TFT 5000 monitor issue - could not find a better forum

Hey Paul,
Can you plug this monitor directly into a server (bypass your KVM switch if you have one?). The only TFT 5000 I replaced was because the colors were being pulled toward my disk shelf (not sure of the shielding).

Paul Young_3
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jim,

I have eliminated the KVM and so on. I have tried differnet power cables and power sources etc with no difference on the monitor side.

I have also tested the PS2 plug for power and amps with a multimeter and it looks good. The only thing I have not done is try a different 'line lump' DC box.

But I am thinking that the issue is with the monitor itself - maybe it has just died and that is it!
why?
Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

The rapid flashing normally means cannot detect an in-range video signal. What different devices have you tried plugging this monitor into? If so, have you determined that any source devices used have been set for a low refresh frequency?

Cameron.