1752604 Members
4674 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: TOE Disabled?

Adam Osterholt

TOE Disabled?

I have been working with Microsoft on an issue where I have Status 64 errors relating to net_name_deleted. I think it is likely related to teh SP2 changes to networking and as microsoft requested, I have implemented the following registry changes

EnableRSS - 0
EnableTCPA - 0
EnableTCPChimney - 0

Background: I am using a Proliant DL385 G2 with Windows 2003 SP2 in a two-node cluster. I ahve restarted since the registry changes were made.

My question is, do these registry changes really over-ride the card configuration? WHen I look at the NIC properties, it still says RSS is enabled.

Should i try disabling TOE? Any ideas would be appreciated as I am frustrated with this issue. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

sorry I really don't know I even searched in google for those errors you're talking "Status 64 errors relating to net_name_deleted" but no luck can you explain us what the issue is?

slow connection? ??

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Adam Osterholt

THey are status 64 errors when people are accessing files on the servers. We are also seeing event ID 1054 errors when group policy processing is aborting. Lastly, when UNC shares hosted on the server are accessed from IIS we are seeing the status 64 errors as well.

I think this means it is essentially momentarily having net communication issues.

WHat else would be helpful? Thanks.
Adam Osterholt

I found this issue in the forums that seems similar.....

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1189666

How can I tell if TCPChimney is actually disabled? I know the registry is set to 0.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

well
to be sure apply the commend you saw in that thread

netsh int ip set chimney disabled
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

also what you can do is generate a report usign this command

hpnetsvy > c:\hpnetsvy.txt

you will get you a detailed configuration about NIC cards and in the case you are using NIC teaming also information about that

regards