ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753907 Members
8397 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: TXTSETUP.OEM NOT FOUND

Brad P

TXTSETUP.OEM NOT FOUND

We are reloading a ML350 G1. When I insert the disk that I extracted the file CP003472.EXE to during the Win 2000 install I get a msg stating that "The file txtsetup.oem could not be found." It is not in that file that I extracted and support said it was the correct driver. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Stephen Grimmer
Trusted Contributor

Try this driver for w2k and w2k3...
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17777.html

cp003511.exe

Brad P

Stephen. That worked perfectly. THanks for your help...
suby25

I have a ML 110 G3 that is having trouble finding txtsetup.oem for my Adaptec 2610 SA Raid array Card 6 Channel with 2 drives hooked to it. I already set up a raid 1 with the Rom based setup configuration. When I am running the 2003 install I press F6 to install the drivers. I am loading the drivers from a USB floppy drive (I set up in BIOS to recognize the USB drive as a floppy) It looks as it it is reading the drive, that has txtsetup.oem on it, and sais it can not find it. Any help will be appriciated.
developer_1

I too am having the same problem with an ML110 G3. Windows 2003 setup does not find the txtsetup.oem file on the USB floppy drive - even though a file with that name is on the floppy disk. Any help appreciated. Thanks
developer_1

FYI... I have now got it working. I was previously copying the files onto the floppy disk using other workstations(I'd tried 3 different workstations). None of these worked. I then tried connecting the HP USB floppy drive to one of the workstations and copied the driver files onto the disk using the HP USB floppy drive. I then moved the floppy drive (and disk) over to the ML110 and rebooted. Windows 2003 setup recognised the txtsetup.oem file. I'm not sure if any of this is just conincidental but it worked for me. When is MS going to provide some other way of installing drivers during setup rather than relying on a floppy??!?? - the setup application obviously already has access to a CDROM so why can't that be used for drivers as well. Nuts!
Adam Brzovic

I am experiencing the exact problem as described above. I have tried to take the usb floppy drive to another comuter copy the RAID drivers onto it, then plug it back into the HP ML110 G3. Guess what it still doen't find the txtsetup.oem.

I've been on this for 2 days now!!

Please Help!!!
developer_1

Hi Adam

The other thing that I did at the same time as moving the floppy drive was attempt to install the latest drivers for the 6 port RAID card - rather than the embedded RAID (I knew they would be the wrong drivers but wanted to see if the txtsetup.oem file was found). Windows setup did see the 6 port txtsetup.oem but complained that it was the wrong file so I then tried again (having moved the USB floppy drive) with the proper drivers and it worked. I didn't think that this sequence of events was the reason for the solution but since the moving of the USB floppy drive didn't help you perhaps you could try installing the wrong drivers like I did and see what happens.

I actually belive that those USB floppy drives are the real problem as my one corrupted another one of my floppy disks too. Cheap rubbish I suspect.

Cheers

Developer