Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team of 2 x 2Gb teams

DaMiBu
Advisor

Team of 2 x 2Gb teams

DL580 Server running latest PSP (8.30)

Original setup had two 1Gb NIC teamed Auto/Auto connected to different back-end switches for redundancy.

Server was hitting 1Gb network limits so added two more 1GB NIC and now want to create 2Gb etherchannel connections. All NICs are identical HP make/model.

Problem is that I can create one just fine to a single switch but cannot create a 2nd for fail-over (no option to "team" an etherchannel team.

Looking at HP documentation this is supported in the "ProLiant Essentials Intelligent Networking Pack".

Called my reseller for a license and this product is discontinued!

How do I get a license key so I can create a redundant 2Gb etherchannel connection?

Thanks
4 REPLIES
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Re: Team of 2 x 2Gb teams

DaMibu call hp presales for your country direct , they will have a license or a solution at hand with out a doubt..

This is how we thank in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Enjoy:)
DaMiBu
Advisor

I did call my HP reseller and they say that the "ProLiant Essentials Intelligent Networking Pack" is EOL/discontinued and cannot be purchased anymore.

also see this

"ProLiant Essentials Intelligent Networking Pack (INP) is a set of advanced teaming features that provides improved redundancy and
load balancing capabilities. These advanced teaming features enhance standard or basic teaming by providing network-aware
intelligence to the HP ProLiant servers. Included in this software pack is Virus Throttle, developed with HP Labs, which can block the
spread of malicious code before it spreads to the entire network environment. This software discontinued September 30, 2007."

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12062_na/12062_na.pdf
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

so what were the alternatives ,,did you ask...??
DaMiBu
Advisor

no alternatives available.

They said that all the features were enabled in latest version but I certainlu cannot find them (but do see the option to add a license key)