1753731 Members
4508 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Teaming on DL380 G5

topokin
Advisor

Teaming on DL380 G5

After applying PSP 8.11(A) on a DL380 G5 running W2k3-R2 64bit, all my teaming and network configuration disappeard. So I had to uninstall both Network Adapters and teaming, then install NIC and Teaming drivers manaually using CP file. I was able to get my Network Adapters back, but I can no longer configure teaming.

The Network Configuration Utility does not automatically start again when the system is rebooted, and launching cpqteam.exe manually does not react. I can see the process running in task manager, but the GUI does not come on.

How could this be resolved. The version of teaming driver I have installed is 9.40.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Teaming on DL380 G5

hi

uninstall Drivers and NCU (Network Configuration Utility) and use a previous version from PSP 8.1 for example

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
topokin
Advisor

Unfortunately I cann't take the system out of service again, I just have to leave teaming out for now. However before reaplying the version 9.40 of the driver manually, I tried it with version 9.30 that was delivered with PSP 7.90 and this seems to be okay.

What I observed during the manual installation of 9.40 is that there was a warning about the installed miniport driver not being compatible, so I stopped and reboot the system. But the installation however went through at the next try without any warning after the reboot. Somehow I have miniport version 4.5.2.0 installed while version 4.5.4.0 is required.

Thanks
topokin
Advisor

I just compared the the version of miniport driver on the system which is 4.6.14.0, but the warning say the minimum version required is 4.5.4.0.