ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752794 Members
6479 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

The HP Insight Storage Agents service failed to start due to the following error

Dwayne Skinner
Frequent Advisor

The HP Insight Storage Agents service failed to start due to the following error

I have a BL25P that suddenly won't start the HP Insight Foundation service or the HP Insight Storage Service. The foundation service is relying on the storage service so if I can get that one working I'm sure the first one would start.

Every time I try to start the service I get the following in the System event log.

This blade has two Qlogic HBA's (2312)attached to an MSA1000. Running W2K3 SP2.

I've looked in the ACU and everything looks okay. The system homepage shows no errors on any hardware.

Any idea on what might resolve this issue or at least give me more information?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 2/8/2008
Time: 4:25:13 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SNGHFMVFS1
Description:
The HP Insight Storage Agents service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I'v tried to reinstall the PSP 7.91 but it didn't resolve the issue. This server
1 REPLY 1

Re: The HP Insight Storage Agents service failed to start due to the following error

Did you ck the SNMP service. Both insight services have a dependency on SNMP. as a side note you may try reseating the blade in the enclosure. I have had many strange issues fixed by doing that. Errors from ILO not showing up on boot to services not responding. Never makes any sense but if it works I donâ t complain

hope this helps