ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753935 Members
9685 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

The last firmware update attempt was not successful. Ready for the next update.

tspse
Advisor

The last firmware update attempt was not successful. Ready for the next update.

Im trying to update my Gen8 with the latest 2.79 (from 2.77) and it keeps failing and tosses the error

"The last firmware update attempt was not successful. Ready for the next update."
Any idea how to fix this?

It SEEMS like the upload status goes on for a while and towards the end it skips and jump to 100% and then throws the error.

5 REPLIES 5
Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Re: The last firmware update attempt was not successful. Ready for the next update.

tspse
Advisor

Re: The last firmware update attempt was not successful. Ready for the next update.

Nope, not this.

However, i followed a link for the gen 8, where i found some moonshine iso or what its called, that one managed to install, and AFTER this the 2.79 worked.

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

I understand that the iLO FW upgrade query has been resolved. Please advise if any further assistance is required. 

Regards.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
ManuB
Occasional Visitor

Greetings

Do you have a link to how to resolve this issue?

I have alot more things witch don't work but I wanted to start with updating the FW.

Cheeers

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @ManuB,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo