1753716 Members
4543 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

The second NIC problem on ML 150 G6

osada

The second NIC problem on ML 150 G6

Dear All,

Please, give me some details about the purpose of the second NIC in HP ML 150 G6.

According to a guide, ILO support goes optionally here. On the board of this server I can see 2 NICs, where the first one labeled as "1/MGMT" and the second one as just "2".

In turn, I have installed the first NIC for supporting ILO and it works perfectly now. Bit earlier I had used this NIC for usual network activity in Windows environment, i.e. I used IP address from other netmask and by using this IP address joined this server MS AD Domain .

In addition, BMC setting in BIOS set as "Dedicated" by default and I changed nothing there besides putting IP address for ILO support.

Therefore, at present, there are two IP addresss on NIC "1/MGMT" simultaneously ( the first one for Windows environment and the second one for ILO supporting). Needless to say, I can't use both IP addresses at the same time, either Windows network or ILO network.
The only reason why I can't use the second NIC is because I can't see it in OS Windows 2003 Server SP2 Eng. Only the first NIC is shown in OS. How can I activate this second NIC and to separate these two IP addresses?