ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753823 Members
8919 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: The support CD with this product (ML110)

happyhacker
Advisor

Well I assume I will be able to run something which will update all my drivers.

I am also expecting it to give me an OS view of the RAID set instead of having to reboot into F8.

I assume the Insight manager will do the first (and maybe the second) and the ACU do the first. Both of these are in the ML115 s/w downloads section. Is that correct?

One thing I have noticed about the faulty RAID, the first drive listed when the error is shown during POST is shown as ERROR. Which of the configured drives would this be so I can change the correct one?

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

OK. Give the Version Control a shot.

HP SIM is quite a big software - it is frequently used to manage many servers. You can download that from software.hp.com. If you do not have many servers, perhaps it will use too much resources?

You cannot use ACU unless you have an HP SmartArray controller.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

With a quick glance, I didn't see what version of Windows server you're running, but if you start at the driver site here: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=3577715&lang=en&lang=en&cc=us&cc=us&ac.admitted=1357570761751.876444892.492883150

and then select 2003 or 2008 as appropriate, look under Software- Storage Controller and grab the

HP ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA Event Notification Service for Windows Server and HP Embedded G5 SATA RAID Controller Manager for Windows Server files

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
happyhacker
Advisor

Cheers Jimmy, I did mention the SBS 2008 server and I corrected my server type which is in fact the HP ProLiant ML115 G5 (not 110). I will go there and check out those files.

PS there is no Embedded controller s/w.

How do I know if I have the Smart Array system?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The older 1xx series servers contained an embedded SATA RAID controller. Some systems a Smart Array was an option. If you have a Smart Array it should identify itself during POST by showing Smart Array  along with firmware version and how many arrays it is configured with. I'm pretty sure the embedded RAID chipset was the same on both the 110 and 115, so the software for the 110 should work fine.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!