ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no bootable drive configured on this system

There is no bootable drive configured on this system

I have a new 1U DL 320 G5/ Intel (r) 82801GR SATA....getting "There is no bootable drive configured on this system" when I use smart start cd.

FYI- The system can with 2 drive bay cage..I replaced that with HP storage drive cage to increase to 4 drive capacity which is the servers max. Installed 4X160 sata and slim line dvd to replace larger one.

when I boot up in smartstart disk size is 0, and error message above is there. I rechecked the connection inside the server.

Is there something I'm missing here. The other 5 work fine but common denom here is the drive cage istallation on this one...so that is where I begin Tshooting....any suggestions? ever happened before?

4 REPLIES

Re: There is no bootable drive configured on this system

drive cage part number 450434-B21
Alborz-Mahmoodi
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
I think two way are exists.

1-first install the OS and after that install the PSP becaues the DL320 G5 has a sata controller and smart start can not find it.
pay attention this server has 2port sata controller and you must install additional sata controller with 4sata port to cover all of the hard disk.(maybe you do it).
2-in second way if the problem is happen again you can go to the RBSU menu and enable Sata controller and then install the OS (IF you have 2 sata hard disk)in this case you have 4 HARD DISK and you should use the sata controller with four port .
you should make driver for sata controller and put it in floppy disk and declare it for server for example in Win 2003 on the text mode you can push the F6 key to declare the driver to server.
I hope your problem abate.

Thanks for the feedback,

the dl320 g5p comes with a 4port sata controller with raid 0/1 support...I simply added the upgrade drive cage to add the extra 2HD drives since the original cage is only for 2HD (SATA) and replaced the DVD with the slim line model DVD

here is the info on it:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12854_div/12854_div.html

I can't load anything to it....no drives are recognized....not even in smart start. : (

I'm going to crack it open again and take another look at it.

ok

according to hp support smart start will not work in this scenario w/ the intel R82801 embedded raid controller.

I can either install smartstart array controller or use usblegacy floppy f8 option or nlite application with driver.