ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752307 Members
5548 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Thermal Reboot SNMP Trap Sent ( 6026 ) after Windows Automatic Update Reboot

Tim Karl

Thermal Reboot SNMP Trap Sent ( 6026 ) after Windows Automatic Update Reboot

Hi Everyone,

Recently I've been receiving emails from our Proliant DL380 G5 Windows 2003 server with the subject "Server Agents: Thermal Reboot Completed".

At first, I was really worried that it was a thermal condition; however, after tracking and graphing thermal data, it seems that the temperature is no where near reaching the 'red' zone.

I looked in the Windows Event logs and in the integrated management log (IML) and no messages regarding any type of thermal issue was noted. Then, I noticed that these 'thermal reboot's where happening after Windows Automatic Updates were running.

I think after the system reboots due to the Windows Automatic Updates, the HP agents or Windows is interpreting the SNMP data wrong, or the wrong SNMP data is being sent. Is anyone else having this issue? Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks for any assistance!

Regards,
Tim

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers - Netservers to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) - HP Forums Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Livio Ochsner

Re: Thermal Reboot SNMP Trap Sent ( 6026 ) after Windows Automatic Update Reboot

Hi Tim,

we have the same problem, also DL380 G4 Windows 2003 R2 server with PSP 7.90 installed.

can anyone help, please?

thx

regards,

Livio
Brett Emery
Advisor

I also have this issue, EVERYTHING the server reboots it sends this 'Thermal Reboot Completed' SNMP trap.
Perhaps if it exists in the IML log at all it's reported, I'm guessing a bug in the version of HP System Agents running.
Brett Emery
Advisor

I also have this issue, EVERYTIME the server reboots it sends this 'Thermal Reboot Completed' SNMP trap.
Perhaps if it exists in the IML log at all it's reported, I'm guessing a bug in the version of HP System Agents running.
Susan Otto
Visitor

I am having the same issue but no heat issues in the event log. This occurs when we reboot the server every other night using the Task Manager. Any help would be appreciated.