ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752772 Members
5142 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Thermal shutdown DL740 Zone 30

uzutrooper

Thermal shutdown DL740 Zone 30

I have a situation with a Proliant DL740 Quad PROCs and 16GB RAM. There are many messages in the Insight Message logs saying that Zone 30 has exceeded the thermal threshold (TEMP 72 degree C). I don't know exactly where this is, but it seems to be related to the CPU area. I have a similiarly configured DL740 and it's not having this problem. These two servers are running MS cluster. Neither servers have any external obstructions and the firmware is P47. This seems to be a chronic problem because there are hundreds of these error entries, and most say that the server has corrected itself, but on a few occasions it shuts down. There are no amber lights on the front panel. Does any one know of a diagnostic to check for this error? Has any one encountered this problem and possibly have a fix. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
SPa
Trusted Contributor

You have mentioned P47 is the System ROM.What is the Date of the System ROM version.It should be updated if not done already.
dluser

I'm using a different handle from uzutrooper. As to the original thread, P47 is dated 9/15/2005 which is the latest available ROM on HP support site.