1753823 Members
9287 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Third party HDD for ML350p G8

manarbek
Occasional Collector

Third party HDD for ML350p G8

Does the ML350p Gen8 support 3rd party hdds? Our current configuration is 1 integrated 2 external iLOs, each iLO has 6 6G SATA Hot Plugs with SmartDrive LFF (3.5-inch) Midline (MDL) Drives installed. I wonder if we replace the failing HDD from a Seagate Constellation ES.3s? Your opinions are very important to us and can you share your thoughts on this subject? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Third party HDD for ML350p G8

Hello,

Third party hard disk may works or may not work.

I would suggest use only HPE components in the HPE products, follow the below links for more clarification.

HPE ProLiant ML350p Gen8 Server - Spare Parts
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c03263142

HPE ProLiant ML350p Gen8 Server Quick Space

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=c04128239

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.
Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

manarbek
Occasional Collector

A Seagate HDD was tested and the system recognizes this 3rd party hardware. The RAID 5 rebuild completed successfully. The question is, if this 3rd party hard drive fails, will the lights on the drive indicate the failure?

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

The hard disk connected with the HPE SA controller.

Third party hard disk may light or may not flash the light.

Please check now hard disk is flashing any light

Green
Amber
RED

if yes,it will show the LED when it will fail.
If currently hard disk is not showing any LED, hard disk will not show any LED while fail.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.
Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo