ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748180 Members
4256 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Too much noise with fan at Proliant ML370 g3

Too much noise with fan at Proliant ML370 g3

Hi I've a Proliant ML370 G3 and I just have upadted the bios to the last version, but now the fan is making too much noise, when the server has the previous version of the bios, the fan noise was very low. I have also installed the last version of HP Management Agents.

Could you please help me?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
issues

Hi,
There has been improvements to the acoustic noise levels made on the ProLiant ML370 G3.
By implementing an air baffle to channel air and slight modifications to improve fan efficiency, acoustic levels were improved by 30% over the G2 model,but as you have said that after doing a bios update to the last version the fans have started to make more noise,what you can try to do is to down grade the lastest version to the older one see if the problem solves and you can also visit this web site for more information.
Thanks
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantml370/questionsanswers-g3.html#g6
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Victor,

The ML370 G3 BIOS was modified to compensate for fan failures which meant that the default setting for the fan speed is now set to high.

When you updated the BIOS this changed the setting from NORMAL to HIGH. To fix this enter the BIOS (F9 when Prompted) and go to ADVANCED OPTIONS. Select DEFAULT FAN SPEED. Change this from HIGH to NORMAL and save the settings. This should fix the problem however HP now recommend setting this to high.

I hope this helps.

Brian

Thanks Brian for your help

Victor
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Hi Victor,

Please take a moment to assign points to those who have taken the time to assist you, here's how:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/helptips.do?#33

Cheers,

Gary