cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmit List Error

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Transmit List Error

I have a Compaq Proliant 1600 server which is currently installed with Netware 5.1 (all updated support packs installed) and also runs BorderManager, version 3.5, again with the latest support pack. This server runs the GroupWise Internet Agent to route external mail.

I am currently experiencing problems with the internet agent. The agent attempts to shutdown and the following message appears at the server console:

CPQNF3-Adapter Check 100005: Transmit List Error.

I have looked on the Novell support sight and the only document that refers to this error is and CPQNF3.LAN driver dated 4/98 which apparently resolved this problem.

Despite the fact that this is a fairly outdated driver, I tried this option but am still receiving the same error.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Transmit List Error

D,
Wow, quite a few things come to mind. Does the server drop off the network and come back on its own. Is the server talking through a 10/100 switch? If so, try to set the communication speed to manual at bot hthe NIC and the associated port on the switch.
I doubt the the old driver is better. Have we tried just replacing the NIC with another one and see if the problem follows the NIC?
Unfortunately, I do not have any knowledge about the Internet Agent and what is does when it attempts to shutdown.
Mark
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately I have no ideas but two customers with exactly the same problem! One server is a ProLiant 1600 with N 5.1 the other a ProLiant 1500 with NW5.0 both with CM 3.5, GWIA 5.5 an all the latest available service packs. Regarding to support documents from Compaq and Novel I have tried several things with other NC-drivers, other TCPIP-stacks and GWIA-versions etc. but nothing works. The strange thing is that is impossible to say in which context the error first appeared.
The momentary workaround is to delete the GWIA work directories and restart the server. I presume a connection with larger email attachments. The next thing I try is to use other NICs but that isn't a real good solution if it works.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have a similar error but mine states: Network Link is down. Check cabling. Then less than 60 seconds another error comes on console: Network Link Restored. Both errors reference CPQNF3.LAN on my Proliant server.
The cable and drop were tested and are ok. The nic card is an embedded 10/100 Netelligent TX PCI UTP (this is an older type nic). THe lan stats in Novell's monitor screen show no ECB's or other errors associated. No support sites I checked, indicate any useful information so I am going to just change the nic card and see if that makes the errors go away. I doubt it will. But I'll let you know. Also, any new info you come across on your CPQNF3 Adapter error, would be appreciated.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Try checking the version of the TCPIP.NLM.
After we updated our servers to service pack 3 for Netware 5.x we noticed the following error:

1-24-2002 5:59:22 pm: CPQNF3-2.47-0
CPQNF3-NW-906-Adapter 1-Board 1:
Adapter Check 100005: Transmit List Error

We downgraded the version of TCPIP.NLM to:

TCPIP.NLM (Address Space = OS)
Loaded from [SYS:SYSTEM\]
Novell TCP/IP/IPsec Module (Domestic) Production_23July2001 Production_23July
Version 5.52u July 23, 2001
Copyright 1994-2001 Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
Portions Copyright 1986-1995, RSA Data Security, Inc.

This seemed to solve the problem, I hope this helps out.

Dallas