5017 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Two Enhanced BL-p enclosures Bay-1 conflict

Mohamad KADRI
Occasional Advisor

Two Enhanced BL-p enclosures Bay-1 conflict

I have this infrastructure:
- Two 3U redundant power enclosures with 6 PS in each connectecd to a scalable bus bar.
- Two enhanced BLp enclosures (one iLO in each) and RJ45 patch panel-2 with FC ports.
- In first BLp enclosure from left to right: two BL20p-G3 and three BL45P (4 processors each).
- In second BLp enclosure: two BL20p-G3
My problem is: after deploying win2003-sp1 - psp 7.50 (using RDP 2.2 shipped with the enclosures), in RDP console - physical view, I see only one BLp enclosure with sixteen bays and in the same bay-1 i see the the names of servers in bay-1 of each enclosure alternating in the same physical location (each 30 secs, the server name toggles to the other).
For info, I have configured first enclosure then connected the other. All enclosures firmwares are on 2.30. iLO on 1.84. Deleting the physically discovered rack-enc, problem still unresolved.
9 REPLIES 9
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

You can try changing the default lookup key (I think that is what it is called, I will look it up when I get home) to use the Systems Serial Number, instead of the MAC address which is what RDP usually uses to identify systems in the console.

I have a customer with the same problem, but have not had a chance to test out the "solution" yet. If you test it out, le me know. I wil ltry to find the exact location for the setting and let you know.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Open the Deployment Console...

Click Tools... Options...Global Settings...towards the bottom... Primary Lookup Key. If it is set to Serial Number already, you can try MAC Address.

I thought the default was MAC Address, but I just checked my lab server and it is set to Serial Number. I don;t remember if I changed it before, or during setup.

Give it a try though.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Mohamad KADRI
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for replying. After installation I always set the sync of display name with computer name and the primary lookup key to serial number.
SPa
Trusted Contributor

The reason for this may be that the enclosure names aren't configured properly.

To configure the name,you may access the Enclosure Tab on the ILO page.The Rack name may be common but the enclosure name should be unique for both the enclosures.

It is not necessary to change the blade name.The activity may be performed on any one blade for each enclosure.After you do this the Altiris client should be restarted.

The other thing to check would be the number of licenses available.
C.I.S
Frequent Advisor

Mohamad says: In the iLO interface I don't have any option to give a rack name or enclosure name.(iLO ver 1.84) I have only : Rack view- Static IP and Bladesystem wizard. Any other method to give the enclosure/rack name please?
SPa
Trusted Contributor

Mohamad KADRI
Occasional Advisor

Problem resolved:

From within iLO interface->Rack view, select details on each enclosure and specify the rack name and enclosure name. No more conflict..
Mohamad KADRI
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for all.
SPa
Trusted Contributor

Hi mohamad_kadri

You forgot to distribute points