cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two HP ProLiant DL365 & 1 MSA20

Alexander E. Gaidouk
Occasional Visitor

Two HP ProLiant DL365 & 1 MSA20

How can i make them work together? I anderstand that i need to plug a SCSI adapter into each server and an additional SCSI adapter in MSA20 storage device. And 2 external SCSI cables also.

So, the main qestion: will it work??? :)

Sorry for my english and stupidity - a'm the noob.
2 REPLIES
Vasa
Occasional Visitor

Re: Two HP ProLiant DL365 & 1 MSA20

Hi Alex,

This is actually very interesting question. MSA20 as a DAS system and should eventually let you do it if it had two LVD ports for two machines, however at the rear side there is only one LVD. After talking to HP representative over Java chat, I was told there was a possibility of putting another LVD into this box, however never found in which way this could be achieved.

Considering that HP have such a bad technical documentation for their systems, I suggest you give them a call.
Dan Robinson_4
Regular Advisor

Re: Two HP ProLiant DL365 & 1 MSA20

QuickSpecs on MSA20 doesnt mention an option for a second SCSI/RAID Controller module and specifically says "Single Path SCSI LVD".

You would need a split backplane like the MSA30 offers in order to have 1/2 your disk going to 1 server and the other 1/2 going to another server.

I cant find any such mention of a Duplex Backplane option, so I think the HP Tech Support person mentioned earlier was just plain wrong.