ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753797 Members
7383 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Two problems trying to boot a DL320 G2 w/WinNT

Andrew Penniman

Two problems trying to boot a DL320 G2 w/WinNT

I am trying to boot a WinNT drive on my DL320 G2 server. The server has dual 80Gb ATA drives in a RAID 1 stack.

The first problem I encounter is an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE BSOD on boot-up. Blech...

Searching the MS KB says this can happen on Compaq servers due to an out of date driver. I head to the Compaq site and download 4.07 D13-12/30/2003 BIOS rompaq which sounds like it will address my exact problem.

When I boot the rompaq from a floppy I encounter problem #2: "Error! Flash Programming Locked!" Aieeeeh!

Searching the Compaq site I see that this condition had been a problem with DL320 G2's as outlined in document number EL021119_CW01. However, this document claims the problem only exists with BIOS versions D05 and earlier. My machine is running some form of D13.

Any clues as to how I might be able to apply the rompaq or address my boot-up issues?
1 REPLY 1
Andrew Penniman

Re: Two problems trying to boot a DL320 G2 w/WinNT

I was able to apply the rompaq but it seems to have involved a bit of voodoo. I pulled the primary drive out of the server and rebooted to see what would happen and lo and behold the rompaq took!

The original problem was not fixed though, I am still getting the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE bsod when I boot.

Is it possible for somebody to share a working boot.ini file from a DL320 preferably with a RAID 1 ATA stack?