108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Two standalone LV using SAS and SATA disks

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dhifallah

Two standalone LV using SAS and SATA disks

Hi All ,
can I use some sas disk to create one logical volume , and use sata disks to create another one ?

I have a Smart Array P410i Controller , on which I installed sas disks ,
so my question , can I in // use the Intel Serial ATA Controller on System Board to create another and independent volume ?

I attached a useful SMH capture.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: Two standalone LV using SAS and SATA disks

Hi Dhifallah,

HP Smart array P410i controller supports Mix-and-match SAS and SATA hard drives. so you can create two different logical drives (1 with SAS drives and other with SATA drive) on the same enclosure.

what is the server Model? P410i is integrated on the system board in many servers.

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

SMR
Valued Contributor

As mentioned before you don't need to plug anything to the SATA ports on the motherboard, the existing P410i can handle both drive types, the only limitation I believe is that they have to be on separate logical drives.
Ali
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi Dhifallah,

I just checked the screenshot attached.

Server model is not very clear I can only see M. So I guessed it is ML350 G6 as p410i is integrated on the system board in ML350 G6 server.

Integrated SATA controller that you are talking about is intended to be used for connecting SATA optical drivers (SATA CD or SATA DVD drive) only. SATA hard drives are not supported on this integrated sata controller. So you can NOT connect SATA hard drives to this controller.

As expained earlier smart array P410i controller supports SATA and SAS both and mixing of SATA and SAS in different logical drives on the same enclosure is also supported.

Hope this clarifies.

Please don't forget to assign points if you think information provided is useful.. :)

Cheers!
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Dhifallah

Hi all and thanks for the information.
I'll precize that is an ML350 G6.