ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753831 Members
9337 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

UPS 700, ident marks for Compaq UPS, earth warning light?

Peter D H

UPS 700, ident marks for Compaq UPS, earth warning light?

1) Is there a site to help identify my Compaq UPS - must be an early model. Beige with simple central green small leds and earth legend
2) I purchased new batteries 2 years ago and it has been fine but now the warning light above an electrical earth legend is sometimes on. Cannot understand why, unless the building earth varies from zero volts.
3) I have to de install the floor standing equipment to access the UPS and see if I can identify a model number inside as the front panel does not give a model number, so please excuse amateur sounding text;
2 REPLIES 2
Brian Vo
Trusted Contributor

Re: UPS 700, ident marks for Compaq UPS, earth warning light?

Peter,
Check the following link. It includes 2 attachment for Compaq T700 and T1000 UPS Operation and Reference Guides:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1289319716591+28353475&threadId=953058

Your problem seems to indicate a site wiring fault.

Brian
Peter D H

Re: UPS 700, ident marks for Compaq UPS, earth warning light?

Dear Brian
Thank you very much for your reply.

1) Thanks to this I can identify my unit as a 700 H as the rear panel image in the manual shows the power outlet sockets in a similar position

2) I am delighted to have a manual, thank you. I read that the alarm button can toggle the alarm on or off, but it does not silence it entirely, changing it from a ringing to a 1 second beep. Am I missing a detail?

3) As I suspected you and the manual confirm it seems to indicate a site wiring issue. But I have checked the + 240 mains is on the correct pin entering the UPS. As I am on the firth floor I do not know how I can measure if there is a intermittent voltage on the earth pin here. Any ideas? Sorry to ask. It is an old building so I am not confident earths are good. Might it cause any damage to the UPS?
If you are able to add any further advice, thank you. I am assuming I might measure if there voltage between the earth in the room and a tap! If there is then try and run a new earth cable back to the fuse box. However the alarm is intermittent and that I do not understand.