ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752666 Members
5451 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: UPS list for HP Proliant ML350 G9 Server (k8j99a)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kaplis_LV
Occasional Visitor

UPS list for HP Proliant ML350 G9 Server (k8j99a)

Hello,

I would like to get a list of compatible ups for this HP Proliant ML350 G9 Server (k8j99a).

My APC Smart- ups sc620 go fine until it's switch to battery mode. Then the server immediately shuts down without correct and safe shuting down process.

Is it possible to correct it without purchase of a new UPS?

Aivars

5 REPLIES 5
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hi,

You may refer to this document for list of supported UPS model for this server.  From what is described, it appears that the UPS may in inverter mode and not in UPS mode. Please refer to that UPS's documentation to verify these settings. If such settings are present, set it to inverter mode and check if the issue is resolved. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

BK_HPE
Valued Contributor
Solution

Kaplis_LV
Occasional Visitor

Thanks!

WileECoyote
Occasional Visitor

I have experienced this issue of the Proliant ML350 Gen9 server dropping out when AC power is lost to the UPS, and then immediately restarting.  Had this issue on two different UPS units (CyberPower and APC), so I figured it wasn't the UPS units, as they worked just fine on client computers.  What I'd like to know is why.  Why does this happen, and why does it (assuming it does) work fine with the listed HP UPS units?

Appreciate any feedback.

FedericoCR

The issue with the UPS is the following.

The switching time for the UPS from AC to battery on a power failure is tipically 5ms but the ML series power supply can't deal with that because they have a 2ms max switching time.

So you basically need an online UPS with these servers.

I went through that same problem years ago with APC ups and after a lot of troubleshooting and dealing with HP Support, we finally got to the specs and that was the issue behind the UPS "not working".