cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!!! URGENT !!! Expanding Array

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

!!! URGENT !!! Expanding Array

I have an urgent situation here, I bought 2 9.1GB disks and wanted to add additional disk space to the existing array. So I plugged 2 drives the Disk Manager founded. So I selected option to Expand Array, I followed all of the instructions and it completed sucessfully but as soon as I started it I realized that it is a wrong process that I initiated and the problem is that it Added additional space as separated unformatted partition at least that is how NT 4.0 sees it. But the delema is I wanted to add space to existed logical drive not as a separate logical drive. Is it possible to remove those 2 drives from the existing array and use them to extend the logical drive with out loosing data on the existent array or Am I in deep water here. There is no data on the new array so I dont care if it looses it. Please let me know.

Thanks.
1 REPLY
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: !!! URGENT !!! Expanding Array

It depends on the Array Controller you're using . It you have a Smart 2 or newer controller ( with current firmware) you can remove the 2nd logical drive array and added it to the existing Array . If you're using a Smart 2 SL or Smart 221 you'll need to reconfigure the entire Array .