108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: USB 2.0 and ML370 G3

SOLVED
Go to solution
jlaanep

USB 2.0 and ML370 G3

Hello,

I'm having a problem getting USB 2.0 drivers onto an ML370 G3. From the specifications I have read the ML370 G3 seems to have
USB 2.0 on it. However, when I look at the device manager I see only a generic USB hub and Serverworks (RCC) PCI to USB OHCI. Both of those are USB 1.1 and I see no devices that aren't installed correctly in device manager. BTW, the server is running Server 2003.

I have also attempted to add a generic USB 2.0 PCI card into the PCI-X slots in the server. I have not been successful with this either. As soon as I boot the server with the PCI card installed I see no video come up.

Any advice you could give me as to how I can get USB 2.0 working on this server would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

JL.
4 REPLIES 4
Jack00
Advisor
Solution

Hello JL,

Have you installed the latest PSP on this server.

Third party devices are not supported by HP Support but you may want to remove the PCI card and try to load the latest Proliant Support Pack on the server (if you haven't already).

I will recommend you to check the following URL for USB compatibility on the Proliant Servers.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/platforms/usb-support.html

Best regards,

Jasiel
HP
T. Vander Auwera
Frequent Advisor

G3 was only 1.1

HTH,

Tristan
jlaanep

Thank you very much for the responses. I've been swamped this week so I'll be able to try to work on it this weekend.

From what I've been reading on the site in the last week, I should be downloading and installing the Firmware Maintenance CD update first and installing it. Then installing the psp. Would this be the correct course of action?

Thanks again,

JL.
Jack00
Advisor

Yes, that will work in that way. But im focus on the PSP thing since this seems to be a Software issue.

Jack