Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Ports

SOLVED
Go to solution
George Crick
Occasional Visitor

USB Ports

I have a Proliant ML350 G6 Server, my problem is that the USB ports are installed as Standard ports with a Generic hub.

Can anyone tell me how I can obtain drivers for the USB ports, all my searching is going nowhere.
3 REPLIES
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: USB Ports

> my problem is that the USB ports are installed as Standard ports with a Generic hub.

Does this cause any loss of performance for you?

For desktops and servers, there are essentially 2 standards for USB 1.1 controllers: UHCI and OHCI. For USB 2, there is essentially one major standard: EHCI.

The drivers for these standard USB controller hardware implementations have been included in all major OSs since year 2000 or so. Trying to find a driver for those is like trying to find a driver for a common IDE disk drive.

(There are also some manufacturer-specific USB controller implementations for ultra-low power consumption or other special requirements - but I'd expect a ML350 G6 server to use one of the standard implementations.)

USB hubs are also standardized: I think I've never seen USB hubs listed as anything other than a "Generic hub".

MK
MK
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: USB Ports

Hi George,

what is the exact issue? Are you seing any esclamation mark in device manager and looking for driver to resolve the issue..?

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HP
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HP Enterprise products? HP Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details