Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultra3 SCSI HotPLUG DRIVES/431 Controllers

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Ultra3 SCSI HotPLUG DRIVES/431 Controllers

2/16/2001

Recently, we purchased several DL380's with 4 ULTRA3 SCSI HOTPLUGGABLE drives. The DL380 we purchase came with an internal Controller and we purchased a 431 RAID Controller to use with these drives. I have been unable to get the AC to start using the Compaq Smart start 4.90 version. The AC just hangs and never detects the 431 controller or the integrated controller. Does anyone have any ideas? I have run the setup BIOS that is integrated with the 431 controller. I was able to create a logical drive RAID 5, however I have 4 36.4 GB Ultra3 SCSI drives and only 107 GB are showing up with a RAID5 Config. After wiping the drives and starting the smartstart process again, the ACU is still unable to detect the integrated or the 431 controller I installed. Any ideas would be appreciated. I will try disabling the integrated controller to see if this helps. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Sincerely,

Phillip
System Administrator
1 REPLY
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Ultra3 SCSI HotPLUG DRIVES/431 Controllers

Remove the integrated array module - do NOT try to disable it (could cause other problems). In any situtation where you do not intend to use the integrated array, it's best to remove it as it can not configure itself properly without a load.