ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748184 Members
3878 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ultra320 SCSI Configuration

Allen Shinkle

Ultra320 SCSI Configuration

I have a ML110 G2 server with a HP Ultra320 HBA installed. I originally configured the server with only 1 36GB SCSI harddrive connected to the HBA. After installing the operating system, I tried to add 2 160GB SCSI drives. When I plugged the new drives in all 3 harddrives spun and the controller couldn't find any of them. I unplugged the 2 additional drives and tried to boot back into the original drive alone. Now during boot, the system shows me the one drive I have installed, but it is being listed with 16 SCSI IDs. The server is boots, but is very slow. Any ideas on why the HBA is listing 16 devices attached to it, and how to get the other drives going?
2 REPLIES 2
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

I would first check the SCSI ID setting for each hard drive and make sure there are no duplicates. I have attached the SCSI configuration chart for assistance.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Allen,

I have seen this same problem when a disk is set to SCSI ID 7. This ID is reserved for the SCSI controller.

Each time the controller scans the SCSI ID's it effectively sees itself due to this.

I'm pretty sure your problem is a SCSI ID setting fault.

Brian