5904 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ultra320 SCSI card fatal error on Proliant DL380 G3

Voumard
Occasional Contributor

Ultra320 SCSI card fatal error on Proliant DL380 G3

Hello,

Does anyone has experience problems with the HP card PCI-X Ultra320 dual SCSI (LSI 53C1030).
The server is an HP Proliant DL380, with an Smart Array 642 controller. The integrated 5i controller is deactivated.
On the HP Ultra 320 card is connected an external HP AIT-50 tape drive and an HP AIT-35 autoloader.
The OS is Netware 6.5 sp1.1 and the backup software Arcserve 9.01.

Everything was working fine until we added the Ultra 320 SCSI card, and now the server crash about 1 time every 2 days.

The HP Proliant Integrated Management Log Viewer reports an error from the driver LSIMPTNW.HAM.

Description:
Fatal Exception (Number 14, Cause Abend: Page Fault Running Process:
CPQSCSA.NLM 2 Code executing in module LSIMPTNW.HAM v3.4w at offset +1E097h)

Or
Fatal Exception (Number 14, Cause Abend: Page Fault Running Process:
Server 36 Code executing in module LSIMPTNW.HAM v3.4w at offset +1E097h)

We own two others DL380 servers with exactly the same hardware configuration excepted the HP Ultra 320 card that are working perfectly fine.

Any help will be welcome. It's a little urgent because the server is in production.

Thanks!

Olivier Voumard
4 REPLIES 4
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Have you tried to reload the Ultra320 NLM: ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/supportsoftware/CP003501-004000/cp003780.nlm

Maybe someting did not get written correctly the first time...?
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Pradip Chakrabarti
Frequent Advisor

Hi Voumard,
I have not worked on AIT's. Still I would like to suggest to check cabling and compatibility matrix. SA 642 controller does not support NetWare 6.5. Also check whether the driver of the LSI card is latest or not, firmware of all related devices have to be the latest. When the problem exactly occurs(if it is during Backup)? You can run HP Server Diagnostics also. Attaching a file, pls go thru.
Thanks and Regards
Pradip Chakrabarti
e4services
Honored Contributor

Well obviously there must be some driver for the card or tape that is causing the crash. Can you see in the properties if LSIMPTNW is from the controller or tape manufacturer? Have you tried looking for updated drives? Tried another card, from a controller manufacturer instead of HP. THey keep their drivers up to date.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Richard Hook

Yes,
On an ML-350G3 w/2 processors, running NW6.0 sp3, Arcserve 9.01, eTrust 7.0+. Same abend. I am running LSIMPTNW.HAM v3.04.23 9/12/2003 from NW6sp4 and the latest firmware on the card.