ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Deploy OS on New Model BL20p G3 Server using RDP.

Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

Unable to Deploy OS on New Model BL20p G3 Server using RDP.

I am using RDP v2.2 to deploy the Windows 2003 + PSP on the New BL20pG3 server. I am using the job Deploy Proliant ML/DL/BL + Windows 2003 + PSP. I am able to boot successfully from the PXE to do Initial Deployment and the Server is detected in the Deployment Server(DS). I have draged and dropped the job to the new BL20pG3(Model 380636-B21) and it starts to run the scripts one by one. It completes the Deploy System Config, Reboots, Deploy Array Config, Reboots, Deploy System config and when it comes to Distribute Fat32.img it hangs there. When I check execution through iLO it says trying to connect to the Deployment Server and it is not able to connect and it restarts the client server and the client server restarts and says Attempting to Boot from Cd-Rom, than Floppy, than Harddrive c:. I have attached the Screenshot of this error. I am able to deploy the same job on older model(347954-B21)of BL20p3 server without any issue. I have tried installing the same job on 2 New Model BL20pG3 server and both hangs at the same point. I have created new boot image using Windows 98 CD and have selected the right NIC drivers. Also I have Checked the Lmhost entry. Apart from the Model Numbers the other difference between these old and new server is: Old server is: 3.4GHz Proc with 1MB L2 cache and it is using HP UNDI PXE 2.1 v 7.7.8, New Server is : 3.6GHz Proc with 2MB L2 cache and it is using Broadcom UNDI PXE 2.1 v 7.7.9. I am not able to identify why it is hanging at the distribute image step on the new blade server. I have also attached the screenshot of the successful installation of the same job, where it hangs on the new server. Any help would be apprieciated.
7 REPLIES
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to Deploy OS on New Model BL20p G3 Server using RDP.

Similar error
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00563791

Has something to do with settings for disk size ? settings ?
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Navaneeda Kumar
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Delete the surrent job in RDP.
Connet the Blade usin the front ilo Cable and acces thru ilo remote console.
Press F8 and delete all the arrays. restrt it and deploy the job.

Is the OS cd get copied properly while installing the RDP??
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

First thanks for all who have replied.

Navaneeda:
I have deleted the jobs, even deleted the client server from the DS and retsarted the entire process from the start but still the same issue. To give furthur information I have tried running the script one by one and after deploying the array configuration I exited the bootworks and I am able to access the f: drive aswell as c:. I am able to browse through the express share folder also. But when we start again from scratch it hangs at the same point.

Has Oleg Ko says...
I will try to check the settings for disk size ? and other settings ?
I will try the following step tommorrow:
Locate the 'Deploy Image' task. Double click it. Click the 'Advanced' button. Either change the percentage of the drive to reflect the desired size, or change to "Fixed Size", and specify the desired size. Click OK, then Finish and try deploying again.
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

I have not reached the point where it starts copying the OS CD, just before that it hangs.
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Have you installed all latest hotfixes? The reason Im asking this is because your first screenshoot looks very familiar to something I was facing with the same type of server model.
I installed the latest hotfix "RDP 2.20 Hotfix 2" and it seem to do the trick for me.

Hope this helps you.

Rgds,

Albert
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

I have updated the RDP hotfix to 2.2 and that has not resolved the issue. I have requested for an HP Engineer to come and have a look on Thursday. Will update the forum at the weekend.