6072 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to access iLO 5 GUI

Albertan99
Occasional Collector

Unable to access iLO 5 GUI

Hello,

I have two brand new DL380 Gen10 servers which I powered on for the first time today.  Unfortunately with both boxes, I was unable to access iLO via any web browser.  Firefox, Chrome and IE all report various security errors, which seemed to be related to SSL and mismatched cipher.

In IE I turned off TLS but was still not able to access.

I was able to access iLo via telnet and confirmed it is iLo 5 v1.3 (31 May 2018).

I ensured my anti-virus was off, firewall was off and anything else that I felt could be intereferring.  I have stripped all security from IE but I still cannot access the web interface on any browser.

This is the first time I have encountered this problem.  I have been using iLO 4 for several years on other servers and while I get the certificate error, I am able to ignore this and login.  Now with iLO 5 I am totally stumped.  I have logged a call with HP, but they have not been particularly helpful.  They suggest upgrade the firmware but have not been clear how this is achieved via CLI and I am not convinced it will resolve the problem.

Anyone any ideas??

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to access iLO 5 GUI

can you post some of the erorr messages?  I access many iLO5 systems daily and have not encounted the issue you are describing with Chrome, Firefox, IE or Edge all from a Win10 client

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Albertan99
Occasional Collector

Re: Unable to access iLO 5 GUI

Error messages:

Chrome: This site can't provide a secure connection - ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Mozilla: Secure connection failed - SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP

IE: Can't connect securely to this page - This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS settings

I've never had a problem accessing iLO before either.  I have been able to access via telnet but I am not familiar with the command line for iLO and my main purpose of iLO is the remote KVM.  I haven't been able to update the firmware yet - that will be tomorrow.

Thanks.