ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753742 Members
4767 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to configure Compaq Proliant ML-350 from "smart start cd" getting error code : 76

Ravi Sharma_1

Unable to configure Compaq Proliant ML-350 from "smart start cd" getting error code : 76

Hi,

Just to test the compatibility in windows NT 4.0 PDC and windows 2k server BDC. I have installed win2k server on BDC on compaq ML-350.

Now when i am trying to put it back BDC ti windows NT 4.0 server through "smart start cd"
I am getting error : 76 (and asking to restart system by pressing any key)

I tried several times, no sucess. System is booting from smart start cd, and showing the default screen with compaq logo, after than nothing happening. after 15 mins approx, i am getting message on screen with error : 76

Kindly help me and let me know how to solve this probelm ?

Regards
Ravi Sharma
its my life
2 REPLIES 2
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to configure Compaq Proliant ML-350 from "smart start cd" getting error code : 76

Hello Ravi,
This problem is with the CDROM eventhough you're able to run OS cd with it. Please do the following:

1. Replace CD ROM (CD-ROM Drive, IDE-32X) with Spare Part No. 327659-001. Make sure it is not Model LTN-323.

CDROM Spare Part No. 327659-001, Model CR-589-B works ok.

There are different kind of CD ROM comes under that part number. One with the Model LTN-323 (Compaq Part No.: 179137-714) has a problem. Defective CD-ROM has Vertical Switch on/off on try front left side. You can see that when you open the CD-ROM tray.

2. Removing third party hardware may also fix this problem.

Regards,

Patrick Rouse
Frequent Advisor

Confused about what you're trying.... Win2K Server can NOT act as a BDC in a NT4 Domain. NT4 BDC's can participate in Windows 2000 Mixed Mode Domains, however the only way for a Windows 2000 Server to be a DC is in an Active Directory Domain, i.e. by upgrading the PDC to Win2K (not a BDC).