4477 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to connect error when booting SPP from PXE

steez
Frequent Advisor

Unable to connect error when booting SPP from PXE

Hello everyone,

I have this issue with SPP when booting it from PXE server. Its Windows WDS pxe server, which runs linux boot files (pxelinux.0 if im correct). DHCP and all that stuff works properly. Kernel, initrd files and arguments are set up according to the SPP release notes PDF (page 15).

When selecting SPP from PXE boot menu everything works great, client gets the IP, connects or pulls the ISO image from the IIS share. HPE logo pops up and then it fails with Unable to connect browser screen (see attachments). What could cause the issue (could it be the image itself?).

Had no issues with other OSes.

3 REPLIES 3
AshutoshM
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to connect error when booting SPP from PXE

Assuming everything is set correctly check for the following for isolation:

1. Ensure server generation and SPP version are compatible. (to rule out incompatibility or missing drivers)
2. Test with a different image of the same SPP release. (to rule out a bad image)
3. Test with a different SPP release. (to rule out configuration errors, also any bug with release)

Failing resolution with the above please raise a case with the HPE technical teams for an indepth look in to the issue being faced.

I am an HPE Employee
steez
Frequent Advisor

Hello Ashutosh. Thank you for your reply. Ill check the solution later, for now i have one question. Could it not boot due PXELINUX lacking support for UEFI?

AshutoshM
HPE Pro