1753956 Members
7693 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to connect to the server

KOGOE
Advisor

Unable to connect to the server

Hy my systems is made of HP Proliant DL380 G4 Servers which run on windows 2000 server. Yesterday I have configure many Security policies on the Domaine Controller Server; today when I start the Domaine Controller server which startup and when I try to connect on the console as administrator the server show continuously a blue screen and hang there. I'am the unable to connect to the server and launch applications.
Please Help me because users will come very sonner.
Thank u in advance.
16 REPLIES 16
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

did you edit the "Default Domaincontroller Policy" or did you add a new policy which you edited? If yes, try to connect from another computer with "Active Directory Users and Computers" MMC and deactivate the policy. Maybe you need to install the adminpak.msi.

Kind regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
KOGOE
Advisor

Yes patrick you are right I have edited the "default DomainController Policy" and I have add new policies which I edit.
But I'am not very good on windows because I have previously work on HP-UX (4 year with my previous employer) it's the first time I work on windows plateforme.
What's the "Active Directory Users and Computers" MMC? and where can I find it ?
thank u
KOGOE
Advisor

hi patrick I get the Active Directory User and computers MMC download from Microsoft Website I'am installing it now.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

you find the adminpak.msi on the Windows Server 2003 CD, but it's better to download it from microsoft.

You need admin rights to use the "Active Directory Users and Computers" MMC Snapin. Start it, and connect to your domain. After that, you should be able to deactivate the sexurity policy.

Kind regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
KOGOE
Advisor

I've download the adminpak.msi and I try to install it on a windown 2000 client machine but It doesn't work the following error occured "A required ressource appears to be corrupted"
Please help.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

maybe something with the windows installer oder the MSI file is broken.

Kind regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
KOGOE
Advisor

good! patrick I get the adminpak.msi on my windows 2003 CD and I install it well on one another server running on Windows 2003.
Everything is ok.
What shoud I do next ? after install?
KOGOE
Advisor

what can I do to desactivate the policy now that I successfuly install "Active Directory Users and Computer " MMC on another computer?
Because I edit domaine computers list but the big problem is that the domain controller server doesn't appear on the list. I don't know what to do to manage this server?
Could you please tell me all the steps?
Thanks
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

what means that the domain controller does not appear in the list? If you start the MMC Snapin, there is no domain listed. In the left pane of the console window, right-click "Active Directory Users and Computers". From the menu that appears, select "Connect to Domain", then type in you domain name.

Kind regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick