ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create additional miror disks with Ultra 320 Smart Array 6i in DL360 G4

Unable to create additional miror disks with Ultra 320 Smart Array 6i in DL360 G4

We have been able to use the hardware mirror provided by the Ultra 320 Smart Array 5i in DL360 G3 servers to clone disks for use in creating Red Hat Linux ES 3.0 O/S disks to be inserted in other DL360 G3 servers. When I tried to do the same with the Smart Array 6i in a DL360 G4 server and I created a second mirror set using the disk from drive 0 of the original mirror set, I was unable to boot up on only the drive 1 disk. In fact the Smart Array 6i didn't even recognize the existence of a logical disk. I also tried moving this disk to drive 0 but the Smart Array 6i complained that the disk was in the wrong position and wouldn't allow this configuration.

Is there something different about the Smart Array 6i that is preventing its use in creating additional mirror disks (besides the original disk in drive 1)? HELP!
3 REPLIES
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

Re: Unable to create additional miror disks with Ultra 320 Smart Array 6i in DL360 G4

As far as I can see there is nothing on the 6i that would prevent you from doing this.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/arraycontrollers/smartarray6i/index.html

Colin

Re: Unable to create additional miror disks with Ultra 320 Smart Array 6i in DL360 G4

It appears that the second DL360 G4 has a malfunctioning Smart Array 6i. I was able to successfully clone disks on two other G4 servers.

The Smart Array 6i is malfunctioning.