ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753351 Members
4949 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to disable PCI Slot 2 With NIC on DL580 G2

Doug Uyechi

Unable to disable PCI Slot 2 With NIC on DL580 G2

I have two NC7770 Nics in slots 1 and 2 on a DL580 G2. I want to be able to disable the card in slot 2 using the RBSU. I go into the PCI slot configuration and disable the slot, but upon restart the slot is not disabled. It comes back with the original IRQ setting of 5. Any assistance would be appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2
Bill Wood_3
Respected Contributor

You can't disable a card in slot 2 if you have a card in slot 1. Those slots share a PCI-X bus.

If you are not using the NIC in slot 2 remove it. If you need the card in the server for some kind of test, then follow the slot order below and then disable your card.

The DL580G2 has 3 separate shared PCI-X buses. They are buses 2, 3 and 4. Slots 1 & 2 are shared on bus 4. Slots 3 & 4 on shared on bus 3 and slots 5 & 6 are shared on bus 2. Correct (for a balanced bus) slot population order requires that you populate one slot in each bus 1st before filling up any individual bus. You should use the following order to maximize performance and cooling:

Slot 6 1st
Slot 5 4th
Slot 4 2nd
Slot 3 5th
Slot 2 3rd
Slot 1 6th
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

It was an issue with the firmware some revs back. Try updating it to the latest.
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!