1753835 Members
7672 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to do anything with my ML30 Gen 10

wavauiwi
Occasional Contributor

Unable to do anything with my ML30 Gen 10

I purchased this ML30 back just as this coronavirus started. I haven't had a chance to even look at it until recently but because of that my 30day free install support is up, and I have been as of yet unable to contact support. 

All I am trying to do is install Server 2019 Standard on the server. 

I have tried the intelligent install, with no success. I get input-output errors, license file errors, sda errors, etc. It's always one or the other. this is after using three different USB drives, three separate ISO downloads, on brand new disks in the server that work fine on my other system.

I tried a regular install, but it can't find any of the disks in the server. again using multiple install media and ISO or bootable install media. 

I have upgraded the BIOS, reset to factory defaults, anything and everything I can find on the forums and nothing seems to help at all. I am so done with this thing at this point!!

has anyone got any idea on how to actually get ahold of HP support (phone doesn't work or at least I don't seem to get a callback, chat... same thing.... E-Mail.... same thing) or if anyone is in Canada and want a server that seems to be happy just sitting there taking up room, let me know cause I am stumped at this point. 

2 REPLIES 2
KevinSpringPM
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to do anything with my ML30 Gen 10

Intelligent provisioning is going to work best with the HPE windows server iso so use that if you purchased your license from HPE. If you're installing a trial iso or something like that, I'd recommend installing via the iLO remote console and remote media feature. You can Google for the HPE ilo trial license if you haven't purchased iLO advanced.

This is just what I consider to be the easiest routes as a user myself, ymmv and I'm not with the HPE support team.

I'm an HPE Product Manager

Accept or Kudo

wavauiwi
Occasional Contributor

Re: Unable to do anything with my ML30 Gen 10

Hello, 

it's not a trial version of server, it's a fully licensed version of server 2019 standard. I have tried the intelligent install with an ISO and I can never get past 30%. It seems to get stuck and stating "input output error" at the moment. 

I have a couple of array's going, I select the one that I want for the install. It's an SSD drive that is brand new out of the box. I have tested it in my second machine and it tests as fine.